Classroom control systems - looking for recommendations

Stacy Pober spober at manhattan.edu
Mon Nov 6 19:11:14 EST 2000

We're now making plans for a new electronic classroom facility and are
looking at getting a classroom control system such as Robotel or LINK.
These are hardware or software systems that allow the instructor to
broadcast the presentation directly to the student computers and control
the student workstations to prevent surfing, email and such during the
presentations.  Some of these also allow the instructor to monitor the
students and allow the display of a student workstation to be broadcast,
either to provide illustration of a question being asked or to allow a
student to present material to th class.

Most (all?) of these systems seem to be hardware based, and I've been
unable to find much in the way of comparative reviews.  Many people
working with these systems seem very satisfied with the one they use but
we're in the early stages of selecting a system and direct comparisons
would be useful.

If you have any recommendations or can tell me about problems you've
encountered with a particular classroom control system, please share,
either with the list or directly to me at: spober at manhattan.edu

TIA,
Stacy
--