[WEB4LIB] RE: Student use of library web services

Tony Barry me at Tony-Barry.emu.id.au
Thu Nov 2 20:05:32 EST 2000

At 5:57 AM -0800 2/11/2000, Ian Winship wrote:
>Another major conclusion is that subject gateways are notable only for their
>lack of mention among students and academic staff,

Do we need to start questioning why libraries do them? They take a
lot of work to compile. Perhaps they should not be targeted at the
general user but created in response to clear demand, topic by topic,
as particular user groups request them? Parhaps at the scale of a
course, department or research group.

Tony
--
---
phone  +61 2 6241 7659

On Aboriginal Policy
"And if governments will not act, then this is a matter on which
people must act to secure a government that will.The dignity and
self esteem of Australia at some point will demand it."

Malcolm Fraser 24 Aug 2000