Web site procurement

Beverley Thomson Beverley.Thomson at nzcer.org.nz
Wed Nov 22 20:53:29 EST 2000

I want to put together a checklist on procuring a new website for a non profit organisation.   Any sites/people/ideas on where to start?

Up to now a small group has been running the website ourselves, but now there is sponsorship money so the situation is changing.   Our little group will become the steering group for a procurement process, and we must make sure it is a quality process.

Can any of you direct me to a need procurement checklist anywhere, or a model tender document?   We have a get together next week to draft a fair designer/provider selection process and a good rfi / tender type document for designers/providers.

The site has several descriptive sections and sections for membership involvement, donations and sponsorship.   THe new site will involve at least adding a new education section, where teachers can download appropriate lesson plans, by curriculum facet.   This section may not be big enough to require a database.

It will also involve online membership joining and behind the scenes management of the membership database.   This functionality is common on a lot of voluntary organisation's web sites.

It may involve a complete revamp or a staged revamp.

Any sites/people/ideas on where to start?

Beverley Thomson, Librarian,
New Zealand Council for Educational  Research (NZCER)
PO Box 3237
WELLINGTON
New Zealand.

10th Floor, Education House,
178-184 Willis Street.
Tel: +64(0)4 802 1446  Fax: +64 (0)4 384 7933
Email: beverley.thomson at nzcer.org.nz
Web site http://www.nzcer.org.nz/advice/libinfo.htm

To join Edlib listserv  email to <majordomo at netlink.co.nz>
in the body of the message (not the subject line) say:
 < subscribe edlib-list name at email >
To send messages to the listserv email to:
< edlib-list at netlink.co.nz >