[WEB4LIB] RE: web cache and remote access

Drew, Bill drewwe at morrisville.EDU
Wed May 31 15:46:01 EDT 2000

 > Caches are a *good thing*  in my opinion.  Rather than fight against
>them I'd suggest you need to look into other types of authentication.

I agree caches are good for better response times but as Thomas Dowling
stated they should be able to handle traffic from library databases and
other such items without causing any problems.

-----
Wilfred (Bill) Drew
Associate Librarian, Systems and Reference
SUNY Morrisville College Library
drewwe at morrisville.edu
Home: http://www.morrisville.edu/~drewwe
Not Just Cows: http://www.morrisville.edu/~drewwe/njc/
Library: http://www.morrisville.edu/library/
Have Laptop -- Will Travel.

"One of the powerful functions of a library--any library--lies in its
ability to take us away from worlds that are familiar and comfortable and
into ones which we can neither predict nor control, to lead us down new
roads whose contours and vistas provide us with new perspectives."
Richard F. Thomas, Professor of Greek & Latin, Harvard University