Quick Questions re Digital/E- Resources vs. Others. THANKS!!

Sara Tompson sarat at fnal.gov
Wed May 31 14:10:36 EDT 2000

Digital Libraries Survey

(This is being posted to several lists; if you receive a duplicate,
please delete, and thanks!)

NOTE:   Please reply to us NOT to the list.   If there is interest, we
will summarize for the list.

May 31st 2000,

We are writing a chapter on Digital Library Services for the 8th ed.
of the ASLIB _Handbook of Special Librarianship and Information Work_.
We have not found much in the literature about how implementing
digital/electronic services, to any degree, affects other areas of
library service.  We would like to hear from you on this topic!

If you have time, please answer the following questions by deleting
the non-applicable answer, and provide any comments you would like,
and return to us by June 11th 2000.

Thank you!

Elizabeth J. Eastwood (Dominican University),
Sara R. Tompson (Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory)

====================

1) Do have digital/electronic resources in your library?
_No  (Thank you, you are done with the survey.)
_Yes

2) Did the acquisition and provision of digital resources affect
acquisition and provision of your other resources and services?
_Yes, a great deal.
_Yes, somewhat.
_No, not at all.
General comments:

3) In what areas (check all that are relevant) did the acquisition and
provision of digital resources affect your library operation?
_Funding/Budgeting
_Staff time available
_Staff training focus
_User contact time
_Other
Please note:

4) Any additional comments?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Employer information listed for identification only.
My views are my own.
Sara Tompson, M.S.
Library Administrator
Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory