Job Posting for the Web4Lib list (fwd)

Roy Tennant rtennant at library.berkeley.edu
Tue May 30 13:55:52 EDT 2000

Posted on behalf of "Smith, Travis F (Cahners)"
<tsmith at variety.cahners.com>, please do not reply to me. Thanks,
Roy Tennant

-------------------------------------

VARIETY.COM SEEKS INFORMATION ARCHITECT

YOU ARE: Experienced at creating, organizing and searching databases;
familiar with data models for articles, reviews, directories, financial
charts; comfortable with the structure and flow of a news organization;
knowledgeable about the business of entertainment.

WE ARE: Variety.com, the foremost daily web site and newspaper for the
entertainment industry.

TOGETHER, we'll grow our web site, developing and expanding the broad
database functions that are at the heart of the company's online plans.
You'll work with the newsroom, the IT department and outside vendors to
develop a product that may well be the centerpiece of the online endeavors.

To be considered for a position please:
- have experience working for an online department or company
- know many of the following skills: information architecture, XML, database
management, advanced research, content storage, legal issues surrounding
content use, web tools and languages
- be willing to work in the Miracle Mile district of Los Angeles

Join our smart, creative team as we experiment with new ways of meeting and
exceeding readers' expectations. A sense of humor and the ability to learn
quickly would be considered prime assets.

To apply, please:
- send a resume to tsmith at variety.cahners.com
- include a cover letter
- attachments are fine, TXT, HTML, PDF, RTF OK.  NO WORD FILES.
- references are important

You can also mail your resume to:
Travis Smith
5700 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 120
Los Angeles, CA 90036
(323) 965-4453

Please forward to those you think may be interested.
This was posted on May 26, 2000. Equal Opportunity Employer.

--
Travis Smith
Editor, Variety.com
tsmith at variety.cahners.com