Where did the spreadsheet go - off topic by at least a mile.

Masters, Gary E GEM at CDRH.FDA.GOV
Thu May 25 13:16:40 EDT 2000

I know this is not an Excel group, but I am not reconnected with my
listservers and may never get back to some.  Usually the advice here is so
good that I thought I would give it a shot.  Please feel free to either
disregard this or toast me.  Or both.

I am new at this office where they use Microsoft Excel to keep time sheets.

Last week I was asked to help where the person said (as many do) "Funny,
this has not happened before."

All I saw on the Excel screen was a blank area, much the same as when you
close the window and leave the program on.  However, the name box showed a
coordinate (B32 I think).  I did what I usually do in this situation, and
started changing things.  I hit the Full Screen command and the spreadsheet
was back.  After some more moving around I saved it and it seemed fine.

Then later in the week another person called me in and the bottom row of
tabs were missing.  I know you can pull over the scroll bar to cover the
sheet tabs, but this did not seem like that.  Funny though, the full screen
command fixed it.  But the tabs were still not there.  I restarted the
program and they were back.

Any ideas?

Is this another "Let's take care of the new person." trick?

I don't mind them, but I like to be aware.

I was at an Excel class yesterday and asked the instructor about this.  He
said that he had never seen it before.

Thanks,

Gary E. Masters
Librarian (Systems)