[WEB4LIB] Norway, Diabetes and the new AltaVista.

Even Flood even.flood at ub.ntnu.no
Fri May 19 17:52:34 EDT 2000

At 17:07 19.05.00 +1200, Alastair Smith, Director MLIS
>There are a couple of possible factors:
>- Alta Vista times out searches at busy periods, and often gives
>inconsistent boolean results because of this.
>- some searches on domain names produce spurious results e.g. link:no will
>pick up any occurrences of .no in file names, eg .../myfile.no/ (however I
>don't think this applies to domain:)

I do not think this is the problem. Allthough the numbers
might differ from day to day, their relative size does not differ
significantly. AltaVista is still confusing.
And domain:no in AltaVista picks up only Norwegian
domaines.

Even

Even Flood,  Senior Research Librarian