Houston Conference on Health Informatics Webcast--More Info

Donald A. Barclay dbarclay at library.tmc.edu
Fri May 19 09:42:12 EDT 2000

In my earlier message about the June 5th live Webcast of the Houston
Conference on Health Informatics, I neglected to mention that you will need
the free RealPlayer software (as well as a sound card and speakers or
headphones or <<extremely>> sensitive hearing) to see and hear the Webcast.
I've added this information, as well as a link to the RealPlayer download
site, to the conference Webpage at:

http://www.library.tmc.edu/conf2000/

The Webcast is free to all, with no registration required.

A lot of folks on Web4Lib have expressed an interest in the technology we
are using to present this Webcast. After we have successfully (Ulp!) pulled
off the Webcast, I will post a message on how we did it, what equipment is
required, and how much it all costs. If the Webcast is not successful, I'm
retiring to a monastery in Nepal (Ohmmmm!) and you'll never hear from me
again.

Donald A. Barclay
Houston Academy of Medicine-
Texas Medical Center Library                                      always
the beautiful answer
dbarclay at library.tmc.edu                                               who
asks a more beautiful question
713-799-7120