[WEB4LIB] RE: Do we need 2 googles?

Tara Calishain calumet at Mindspring.com
Wed May 10 14:53:30 EDT 2000

At 11:45 AM 5/10/2000 -0700, you wrote:

>Where homing in on a specific aspect of a topic is important, or when using
>words that are common or have various meanings (e.g., "jaguar" or
>"fencing"), Oingo can be helpful:
>
>http://www.oingo.com/
>
>This engine returns a pull-down menu of different contexts to narrow the
>search ("Jaguar [auto co.]" vs. "jaguar [animal]" ).

Simpli.com does this too, to a certain extent, and their ability to create
their own definitions has
helped their usefulness a LOT.

I looked at simpli with ResearchBuzz last week:

http://www.researchbuzz.com/news/2000/april27may3.html#simlifindadds

Tara

ResearchBuzz:
" ... without a doubt one of the most consistently
valuable and interesting Internet resources
newsletters available." -- The Scout Report
http://www.researchbuzz.com