forms problem

Ward Price wprice at panam.edu
Wed May 3 12:05:48 EDT 2000

I'm having a problem with forms.  I'm trying to revise our Web-based
Interlibrary Loan forms to help our ILL staff.  The forms are available at
http://www.lib.panam.edu/~ac/cgi-jour.html and
http://www.lib.panam.edu/~ac/cgi-book.html.  They work fine, the patrons
see what they need to see, and the ILL staff get the information they need.
 The basic input ILL receives is below.

My problem is how to separate the lines of information that ILL receives.
ILL needs to fill in their own information on the forms after the patrons
submit them, but there's not much space for it.  I'm using hidden input
type tags (e.g., <input type="hidden" name="copyright" value="CCL">) so
that the patrons don't see the fields that ILL fills in.  I want to double
space the lines/fields, but I can't figure out how to do it.  How do I change

CARL=YES / NO
ISBN#=____________________
ISSN#=____________________

CARL=YES / NO

ISBN#=____________________

ISSN#=____________________

so that the ILL staff have room to fill in the blanks?  Thanks for your ideas.

Ward Price

ARTICLE=ARTICLE
Name=
Social Security Number=
Mailing address=
City=
State=
Zip=
***************=***************
E-mail address=
Phone number=
notify by=Phone
***************=***************
status=Faculty
Department/Major=
Account Type=
***************=***************
send via campus mail=No
Not needed after=
***************=***************
Article title=
Author=
periodical title:=
Volume=
No./issue=
Date=
Pages=
***************=***************
Database index where you found the citation=
Item is=Not owned
Additional information or comments:=
Cut & Paste info:=
***************=***************