Acrobat and Powerpoint

Patricia F Anderson pfa at umich.edu
Tue May 2 20:17:10 EDT 2000

Hi, folks,

I am working with some faculty maintaining some course web pages, and have
been having major problems getting Powerpoint slide presentations
converted to PDFs. I know, I know, I can save as HTML -- we don't want to.
We want something quick and easy to print out with multiple slides per
page. When I try to create the PDF as if printing handouts from the
Powerpoint presentations, the converted file either has lost slides,
groups of slides, headings or text from slides, or all of the above. The
more special effects used to format the text, the more text is lost. I was
told by one of our technical wizards that Adobe products and Microsoft
products just don't like each other, however, I don't have this problem
with Word files -- only PPT. Does anyone know if this is a known bug, or
if there is a downloadable fix somewhere? Something I can tweak in
settings? I've done this before with earlier versions of Acrobat and PPT,
but only encountered this problem after upgrading to Office 2000.

TIA!

Pat Anderson, Dentistry Library, pfa at umich.edu