[WEB4LIB] Foreign Language Support in BBEdit?

Avi Rappoport avirr at LanMinds.Com
Mon May 1 13:00:35 EDT 2000

You don't want to use either Windows or Mac characters for HTML: they
are nonstandard and often incompatible with browsers or search
engines.  Much better to use the HTML extended character codes, which
should be described in any HTML book.

I've discovered Dreamweaver will automatically insert HTML codes when
you use the standard Mac key commands such as option-u before a vowel
to add an umlaut.  To experiment with these key commands, use the Key
Caps window from the Apple Menu (the Mac is actually very good at
extended and diacritical characters).

Avi