Netscape Bookmarks disappeared

Thomas Edelblute thomas at anaheim.lib.ca.us
Tue Mar 28 15:47:57 EST 2000

All the bookmarks on one of my Reference Desk computers disappeared
today.  Last time this happened I was able to copy from my bookmark
backup floppy disk and restore the bookmards from the last update.
Today, the PC is not maintaining any changes I make to the bookmark
file.  I even went so far as to uninstall and reinstall the browser, but

that did not change the results.  Even more puzzling is when I make I
add a bookmark to Netscape, exit the program and then go back in, the
change I made is gone.  I checked the properties in all the
bookmark.html files I could find, and none of them say read only.  In
fact, I removed the archive property, but that did not make any
difference.  I am at a loss over what to do.

Tom Edelblute
Anaheim Public Library