[WEB4LIB] Why do children like big type?

Paul H. Gray phgray at tccd.net
Tue Mar 28 10:03:27 EST 2000

I'm sure there are some deeply scholarly studies on this subject -
But I can't help recalling a trick my grandfather used to love to play on
kids -
offering us our choice of a great big shiny nickel -- or a little tiny dime

And yes - up to the age we had come to learn better -- it worked every time.

Being impressed by size would seem to be in our nature -
SO - yes -- I guess if you want your children to stop enjoying large type
type you will probably have to train them -- or just wait for them to
outgrow it :-)

Paul H. Gray
TCCD Northeast Campus Library
Hurst, TX
(Yes - TEXAS -- where everything IS bigger -- AND better) :-)