netscape quitting

Kevin Justie kjustie at webrary.org
Fri Mar 24 17:38:29 EST 2000

We have four public Internet PC (3 Win95, 1 Win98) which worked problem-free
with Netscape 4.05.  Two weeks ago I upgraded them to 4.7 and now Netscape
randomly quits several times a day on each computer; the computer itself
does not crash, and Netscape doesn't truly crash in the sense of giving any
kind of error -- it just quits and leaves the user at the desktop.

Security software on the PCs is Fortres and WinSelect Kiosk; because the
computers were added at different times, they have various versions of these
programs, but one of the PCs has the latest versions of both and still
experiences the problem.  I also run a small WinBatch script for resetting
to the home page after a period of non-use.

Has anyone else experienced this problem with Netscape?  Any suggested
solutions?

Thanks!

kevin

Kevin Justie
Ass't. Director, Head of Technical and Automated Services
Morton Grove Public Library
Morton Grove, IL
(847) 965-4220
kjustie at webrary.org
http://www.webrary.org
Opinions expressed are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect
official Library policy.