Digital cameras

Stacy Pober spober at manhattan.edu
Sat Mar 18 16:59:53 EST 2000

My first digital camera was the Barbie camera.  I figured, hey, for $50
bucks, how bad could it be?  Answer: unusably bad.  Lower than low
resolution.

However, I recently bought a Nikon Coolpix 950 for under $500 at
accompany.com.  Another one of those companies that seems to be willing
to sell at a loss with an eye to pumping up their sales volume before
their IPO.  Word of mouth on them is very good on the camera groups, and
if the product you want is there the prices are close to unbeatable.
They don't carry every model at every time, but rotate different things
through their "buy cycles".

Stacy Pober
Information Alchemist
Manhattan College Libraries