eBook and Stephen King's new novel

S. Michael Kim mildbull at iname.com
Fri Mar 10 21:35:24 EST 2000

I was told that Stephen King's new novel is scheduled to be released
exclusively on eBook format.
http://cnn.com/2000/books/news/03/08/king.ebook/index.html

I am very curious about the consequences.
What if patrons wanted the item? There might be no alternative format of
the 'work' other
than eBook format....at least for a while. I am wondering if there is any
library which manages eBook-based collection serving to patrons. If that's
the case, I would like to know how the library handle the collection.
I think there should be acquisition, cataloging, and circulation aspects
involved.
Also, there will be concerns regarding choice of medium, such as PC format,
proprietary eBook device format,etc. It would be nice to have variety of
opinions
from different areas.

Michael

S. Michael Kim