proxy and security issues

Sherry Crowther crowther_ca at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 10 16:18:13 EST 2000

We are planning to set up either a proxy server or an
URL rewriter, however, our College is concerned about
security issues. We're interested in the technical
issues of security, but I've also been asked about the
issue of identity. For example, through the proxy, a
student could use the College's identity. Is this a
real concern? Any suggestions on how I could address
this issue?

I'd appreciate any help you can provide. Thanks!