Prospero 1.32 Released

Eric Schnell schnell.9 at osu.edu
Wed Mar 8 10:00:38 EST 2000

     Prospero is an electronic document delivery tool designed as a
complement to Ariel.  It converts Ariel's TIFF files to PDF and distributes
them directly to patrons using the Web or email.  Prospero also allows the
import of TIFF and PDF files not associated with Ariel.

New in Prospero 1.32:           http://bones.med.ohio-state.edu/prospero/

     * TWAIN scanner support --  scan directly into Prospero using a
scanner's native software, or, software built into Prospero.  This is the
first release of the Prospero's built-in scanning software and we are still
working on compression.  Right now it is 4:1 (1mb file compresses to
250k).  This will improve with time.   We are testing on a HP 6300 scanner
with an document feeder.  Currently, only 300 DPI Black and White images
are supported.  Scanners that make use of ISIS drivers, such as the Minolta
PS3000, may or may not be supported in the future.

    * Modified  logging system -- there are now two tabs. The tab "On Web
Server" shows what documents are waiting to be viewed by patron on the Web
server. The "Log" tab tracks documents sent to the patron via the web or
email.  The later lists activity such as user deletes and all processed
document.

    Prospero is free to use, copy, modify, or redistribute under the terms
of the GNU General Public License.

-Eric

Eric Schnell
Assistant Professor