[WEB4LIB] RE: Viewing PowerPoint2000 Presentations in Netscape

Valerie Lawrence lawrencv at OHSU.EDU
Tue Mar 7 18:38:34 EST 2000

On Tue, 7 Mar 2000, Cindy Chick wrote:

> Does anyone use another presentation software package that does a nice
> job of saving to html?

Yep.  HTML.  ;^)

Seriously, I have prepared presentations using HTML rather than
PowerPoint. It's not that difficult if you know HTML and/or have access to
good web authoring software. HTML presentations convert for different
browsers re-e-e-e-al nice!  See "Web-Based Slide Presentations" by Melissa
L. Just at

http://www.library.ucsb.edu/universe/just.html

for a lot of good reasons for doing this.  If you know ahead of time that
you will eventually be converting a slide presentation to HTML, you can do
just as effective a presentation using HTML, and your conversion will be a
LOT cleaner.  For starters, you'll only have one file for each slide,
instead of three!

Val

Valerie Lawrence, MLS, Assistant Librarian	<lawrencv at ohsu.edu>
Western States Chiropractic College
2900 NE 132nd Ave.			       Voice  (503)251-5756
Portland, OR  97230			       Fax    (503)251-5759
Opinions expressed are my own and do not necessarily represent those of
my employer.  Goodness knows why they hired me.