Mouse practice software?

Brian Smith bsmith at linc.lib.il.us
Fri Mar 3 17:15:37 EST 2000

We have Solitaire available on several of our public computers, and we've
been suggesting that people who want to learn to use a mouse (pretty much a
required skill, now that we've implemented a Web interface on our OPACs)
put in some time playing it.  However, it's come to our attention that
quite a few folks don't know how to play hard-copy solitaire, so we're
laying a bit of a double-whammy on them.  A game that one can play without
needing to learn any rules would be better.

Can anyone suggest (free and fun, and appropriate for adults) software good
for developing mouse skills?  A website designed for this purpose might
also work, although several mouse-training sites I've looked at are rather
dull.  I didn't see anything mentioned in the Web4Lib archives.

Brian Smith
Assistant Head of Adult Services
Villa Park (IL) Public Library
http://www.villapark.lib.il.us/