Anonymous users on Lib computers

Kyle Harriss kharriss at d.umn.edu
Fri Mar 3 13:56:00 EST 2000

				Mar 3, 2000
Web4Libbers,

The "public" computers in our library have never
been authenticated by logon/password.

Our students, staff and faculty - and anyone who
walked in our door - could always sit down at a
PC and start using the networked resources
for research.

This is about to change.  All users will have to
log in before gaining access to the network.
We may be giving temporary network accounts to
local residents who request access.

Has anyone else gone through this change?
Any issues we should be warned of, so we can start
working through those issues now?

TIA
Kyle Harriss		      voice: (218) 726-6546
UMD Library		      email: kharriss at d.umn.edu
10 University Drive
Duluth,  MN  55812