[WEB4LIB] How do you list all of the electronic journals?

Richard Stringer-Hye Stringer at LIBRARY.Vanderbilt.edu
Wed Jun 28 15:39:54 EDT 2000

We gave up the static list awhile ago and moved to generating the
dynamic alpha list (with title keyword searching) using Inmagic's
DB/TextWorks/WebPublisher database and server software combo. We're
soon moving toward extracting the data fields we want to display from the
OPAC and loading them into the database.

These days, with 4500 titles or so in the database, and librarians and
patrons wanting more bibliographic/holdings info displayed on the alpha list, I
sometimes wonder if we should never have offered a separate alpha list
outside of the catalog, but we've always had print versions in the library and
that's what our users like so...it's too late to go back now, though I''ve
noticed that some libraries have.

How has it worked out for those of you that have?

Rick