[WEB4LIB] Google Indexes a BILLION pages?

Hanan Cohen hanan at qglibrary.org.il
Tue Jun 27 01:51:42 EDT 2000

This is what Glassdog (Lance Arthur) wrote about it:

Google announced that they've managed to index 1 billion URLs, making
them
the self-proclaimed largest search engine on the Internet. Over half of
those domains are fully indexed and text-searchable, the other
500,000,000
are partially indexed, meaning, um, that you can put in partial text and
get partial answers? Maybe? Something like that?

--
Hanan Cohen - http://www.info.org.il
***Love and Peace***