[WEB4LIB] Security using MacOS 9 and multiple users

Josh Kuperman josh at saratoga.lib.ny.us
Mon Jun 26 18:07:29 EDT 2000

This one goes in the embarrassingly stupid category. In order to set
up a proxy-server or a lot of other things for the Guest account or
any severely limited user in MacOS9 you need to do the following.

1. As the administrative user change the guest account to a regular account.
2. Log into the guest account to change the settings, e.g. proxy settings.
3. As the administrative user change the account back to a limited account.

--
Josh Kuperman
josh at saratoga.lib.ny.us