[WEB4LIB] changing password for Internet Explorer Content Adv isor

WebMaster - Library WEBM at clearwater-fl.com
Mon Jun 26 11:03:55 EDT 2000

http://www.acun.com/content-advisor.html

How to Disable Content Advisor in Internet Explorer

The following steps will remove any password set in the Content Adivisor and
allow you to reset the program to its original state.

1) Click on Start and choose Run.

2) Type in RegEdit and select OK.

3) Now click on the little plus sign to the left of H_KEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.

4) Continue to drill down, always clicking on the plus sign at the left of
the named key, through Software, Microsoft, Windows, Current Version and
Policies.

5) Now click on the Ratings folder.

6) In the right pane of the RegEdit window, you'll see an icon called Key.
Click on it and press Delete.

7) Next, choose Registry and then Exit to exit RegEdit. You've just deleted
your original Content Advisor password.

8) Restart the computer and run Internet Explorer again.

9) Choose View and then Internet Options (or Options for version 3.x)

10) Click on the Content tab and click on Disable. When asked for a
password, don't enter anything; just click on OK. This will disable Content
Advisor because there's no longer a password.

Good luck!

Shirl Kennedy
Web Doyenne
City of Clearwater, FL

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach him to use the Net
and he won't bother you for weeks.