[WEB4LIB] British Telecom asserting 1989 patent claiming HTML?

Michael Sauers msauers at bcr.org
Tue Jun 20 16:59:36 EDT 2000

> method of
> sending out information in two blocks - the first block has the text of
> the current page, and the second block has display formatting information
> for the text in the first block plus links to other pages of text and
> formatting information.
>     As I implied in 1997, with a little legal gymnastics, these claims can
> be interpreted to read on HTML coding and HTML links,

But HTML is a single file that includes the links. Not one file with the
text and one with the formatting and links. Or am I not reading this
properly?

Michael Sauers, Internet Trainer
Bibliographical Center for Research (BCR)
Aurora, CO :: msauers at bcr.org :: http://www.bcr.org/~msauers/
WWW Library Directory @ http://www.webpan.com/msauers/libdir/
Opinions expressed are my own unless otherwise noted.