[WEB4LIB] Netscape lastModified date is 1969!

Michael Sauers msauers at bcr.org
Fri Jun 16 16:19:35 EDT 2000

> See <http://www.alvernia.edu/fac-sb.htm>
> The page works perfectly in Explorer.
> But in Netscape 4.7 I get a date of:
>  Wednesday, December 31, 1969 19:00:00

I pulled up your page and reproduced exactly as you described.

I then created a dummy HTML document with the script in it and saved it to
my hard drive. Upon loading the page in both IE and NS I retrieved the
same/correct date & time. This would lead me to de-focus on the code since
that seems to work correctly. I'd start looking at the server. Anyone else?

                  Michael Sauers, Internet Trainer
              Bibliographical Center for Research (BCR)
    Aurora, CO :: msauers at bcr.org :: http://www.bcr.org/~msauers/
 The WWW Library Directory is @ http://www.webpan.com/msauers/libdir/
 Buy books, music or videos? http://www.evenbetter.com/?partner=1307
         Opinions expressed are my own unless otherwise noted.