Response to "Censoring Roy" at Web4lib

albert j. pinto alpinto at bellatlantic.net
Mon Jun 12 17:36:41 EDT 2000

Dear Censoring Roy: You may be something of an interpretive king for the
library community, but I suggest that you learn to read your own rules with
greater care for tenant-serfs. Policy rule #1 is restated for your benefit:

1. All messages must relate, however slightly, to the general topic of World
Wide Web systems and libraries or library staff. The list owner interprets
this rather broadly, but messages that are clearly off-topic will not be
tolerated.

Now since I sent an equally nuanced announcement to Tim Berners-Lee at the
World Web Consortium (WWW.W3.Org) and they have maintained the same letter
in their search archives (Library Archives to wit), is the prince claiming
greater authority on this world-wide library information list than the very
Cyber-emperor himself? And do you think that the cyber community is unaware
of Berkeley's "political agenda" of censoring truly "Catholic Information"
of force (especially since the word "Catholic" in Latin means Universal)?

All this talk of a "Global Village" and "Freedom of Access" from Berkeley
Overlords...But your so obvious and tedious gnat-straining of my quite
obviously general (however slightly appealing to you personally) message
will surely show either one of two interpretive possibilities:

1) You are so fettered by micro-languaged minutiae that like the emperor,
scholastically speaking, you have no clothes... Try Albert the Great's
Omniscienced Wardrobe!

2) You are truly not a king at all - you yourself are but a Berkeley serf
standing as a minor tribune for powers beyond Berkeley that will bridge no
real sanctity of knowledge for the third millenium. The secular inquisitors
will be proud of you indeed when you remove me from the list for daring to
speak out against the "Hidden Masters" of heuristic cyberspace...

Conclusion:

For what good is a world-wide web of library interchange without universal
wisdom to share? AlbertTheGreat.Com offers the 18,000 page Opera Omnia to
the world after 700 years of nearly total neglect. Remember when Aristotle's
works were rediscovered after a thousand years for Christendom's Library?

Just imagine if the authorities, though at least they were honest as to why
they wanted to censor the "new knowledge", arrogantly set pharisaical rules
for binding these same splendors from public display? Berkeley's Logic would
not even exist! Now that I rethink these things...Censor Away My Cybertron!

For it is precisely the ignorance of the powerful that slowly gives rise to
the remnant - and in this case the Universal Impact is as great as the force
of a "Choired Quark"...But only for "In-Choiring Minds" who should deserve
to know: precisely by singing the praises of Almighty God, Lord of Wisdom!

Sholastically yours with friendly and good intentions,

Albert Pinto - http://www.AlbertTheGreat.Com