Use and Examples of ISBD(ER): International Standard Bibliographic Description for Electronic Resources

Gerry Mckiernan GMCKIERN at gwgate.lib.iastate.edu
Sun Jun 11 16:33:08 EDT 2000

                               _Use and Examples of ISBD(ER):
              International Standard Bibliographic Description for Electronic Resources_

   I am greatly interested in current use of the _ISBD(ER): International Standard Bibliographic Description for Electronic Resources_

                       [http://www.ifla.org/VII/s13/pubs/isbd.htm ]

by any and all libraries and their respective practice of describing Web resources using its recommended 'Electronic resource' General Material Designation [GMD] and the use of any of the Specific Material Designations [SMD].

   I am also interested in examples of OCLC cataloging records that reflect application of the  _ISBD(ER)_
to *Web* 'electronic resources' [GMD] with multimedia content ('electronic interactive multimedia)[SMD], most particularly electronic  journals with embedded multimedia
[ http://www.public.iastate.edu/~CYBERSTACKS/M-Bed2.htm]

   As Always, Any and All responses would be Most Appreciated!

/Gerry McKiernan
Theoretical Librarian
Iowa State University
Ames IA 50011

gerrymck at iastate.edu

  "The Best Way To Predict the Future is to Catalog It!"
                                   Alan Kay