[WEB4LIB] Looking for sites

Steve Garwood sgarwood at camden.lib.nj.us
Wed Jun 7 13:01:07 EDT 2000

www.infoplease.com

is one of my favorites.

Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Sauers [mailto:msauers at bcr.org]
Sent: Wednesday, June 07, 2000 12:53 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: [WEB4LIB] Looking for sites

In the eternal quest to present to my students (librarians) good sites to
use at the reference desk I am sending out this open call for URLs. Here's
what I looking for:

Ready Reference Sites: You go there, and get the answer.
ex: Acronym Dictionary @ http://www.ucc.ie/cgi-bin/acronym

Subject Specific Directories and Search Engines
ex: FindLaw and The James T. Kirk Search Engine

If you have a few favorites please pass them along. I think we can keep this
one on-list...

                  Michael Sauers, Internet Trainer
              Bibliographical Center for Research (BCR)
    Aurora, CO :: msauers at bcr.org :: http://www.bcr.org/~msauers/
 The WWW Library Directory is @ http://www.webpan.com/msauers/libdir/
 Buy books, music or videos? http://www.evenbetter.com/?partner=1307
         Opinions expressed are my own unless otherwise noted.