Search Engine Watch articles

Danny Sullivan danny at calafia.com
Tue Jun 6 15:51:24 EDT 2000

I've posted some new articles at Search Engine Watch that may be of interest
to the list. Here are the URLs:

Google Gets Kid Safe, Suggests Maps
http://searchenginewatch.com/sereport/00/06-google.html
Google adds an option allowing you to remove adult content from its
listings, along with some other new features.

More Than Just Music Search
http://searchenginewatch.com/sereport/00/06-music.html
Napster is a great way to find MP3 files, and distributed search technology
used by Napster and its software cousins can help with other types of
search. But don't count the traditional search engines out yet.

Inktomi Reenters Battle For Biggest
http://searchenginewatch.com/sereport/00/06-inktomi.html
Once one of the largest search engines on the web, Inktomi has been
surpassed by rivals. Now the company aims to regain the crown of largest.

Survey Reveals Search Habits
http://searchenginewatch.com/sereport/00/06-realnames.html
A new survey provides some statistics about how we search, such as that over
75 percent of us use search engines.

cheers,
danny