[WEB4LIB] Re: NYT magazine piece on e-books

Gregory E. Szczyrbak gszczyrb at eagle.ycp.edu
Tue Jun 6 12:23:08 EDT 2000

> the problem with this "debate". It should not be "for and against", but
> rather the relative merits of both e-books and p-books. Although I'm a
> firm believe that p-books aren't going away any time soon, I'm just as

Just a thought.  Sort of 'toungue-in-cheek'.

	Look what is happening already.  We've conceived a new word and
are accepting its use in regular communication.  No longer does the term
'book' automatically signify a paper book.  We must instead use a new term
*p-book* to distinguish it from the e-book.
	Granted in everyday communication, the term 'book' still conjurs
up the traditional image, however the term 'book' may become more
ambiguous with time, especially when spoken about in the context of
e-books.

Gregory Szczyrbak, Reference Librarian
Schmidt Library
York College of Pennsylvania