[WEB4LIB] tiff into pdf

Thomas Dowling tdowling at ohiolink.edu
Tue Jun 6 08:49:05 EDT 2000

> Bonjour à tous,
>
> As part of our interlibrary loan service we are looking for a
converter
> which would allow to transform tiff and multipages tiff files into pdf
> format.
> We know Prospero but we would need something more specific to make pdf
on
> the fly.
> So, what about this kind of utilities?

We do some industrial strength tiff to pdf conversions with our
electronic journals; the software we use came bundled with a utility
called, not surprisingly, tiff2pdf, which seems to originate here:

    http://www.fastio.com/tiff2pdf.html

It is not free, and has no support for the proprietary LZW compression
algorithm used in some tiff generators, but it definitely stands up to
heavy use.

Thomas Dowling
tdowling at ohiolink.edu