hotmail security hole

rhiebert at sd6.bc.ca rhiebert at sd6.bc.ca
Mon Jun 5 10:57:39 EDT 2000

Hello,

I'm in a grade 8 to 12 high school. I overheard a student say that by sending
himself an email using hotmail with a school computer, he could look at the
cookie and find out our school's dialup number (which we don't have since we
have a direct connection) and password. Our workstations run Win95 on an NT
server. We use Netscape 4.7x (but IE is available).

I've signed up for a hotmail account and am trying to duplicate what he said,
but I'm getting nowhere. Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
Robert

Robert Hiebert
Librarian, Golden Secondary School