Online Northwest call for proposals extended

Kyle Banerjee banerjek at ucs.orst.edu
Fri Jun 2 18:14:46 EDT 2000

THE DEADLINE FOR PROPOSALS FOR ONLINE NORTHWEST
2001 IS NOW EXTENDED TO JULY 14, 2000

WHAT IS ONLINE NORTHWEST?: A one-day conference focusing
on the use of technology within libraries and attracting librarians
from the Pacific Northwest and around the country. Presenters
receive free registration to the conference.

WHEN IS THE CONFERENCE?:  Friday, January 26, 2001 (this will
be the 18th annual conference)

WHERE IS THE CONFERENCE?:  Embassy Suites Hotel at
Portland Airport, Portland, Oregon

WHAT TOPICS ARE YOU LOOKING FOR?: The coordinating
committee is open to presentations on innovative uses of technology
within a library setting.  We are particularly interested in programs
that incorporate interactivity or workshopping; session rooms are set
up with round tables. We encourage public, school, and special
librarians to submit proposals.  All topics relating to technology and
libraries are welcome, but we are especially looking for submissions
on the following topics:
-Internet and Workstation Policy /Intellectual Freedom
-Search Tool Update
-XML, SGML, and Metadata (So many standards, so little time!)
-Overview of different standards and the differences between them
-Digital Library Initiatives
-Distance Education Delivery
-Document Delivery
-Linux: Is It In Your Future?
-Streaming multimedia
-Access to non-textual information
-Teaching library research through Online courses
-Downloadable books
-Access to decentralized resources (institutional access to non-
owned items or resources)
-Remote Authentication/Access Issues (Proxy, IP, etc.)
-Accessibility/ Compliance to ADA
-Training for Technology
-Electronic Classrooms Design
-Copyright and electronic resources
-Web Tools: XML, JAVA scripting, dHTML, Active Server Pages
-Site management tools and issues
-Developing Interactive Tutorials
-User Support: Computer Support people and the people they
support
-Interface Studies for Databases/Web Sites
-Usability
-Migrating Databases to the Web
-Filters and Intelligent Agents
-Subject Web Resources like Business, Health, Education,
Government
-Internet Workstation Policies
-New Technology in Library Instruction
-New Tools in Access or Technical Services
-Virtual Reference
-Content Development on the Web
-MyLibrary/Datarat/ create-your-own-pathfinder programs

WHAT IS THE DEADLINE FOR SUBMITTING A PROPOSAL?:
July 14, 2000

HOW DO I SUBMIT THE PROPOSAL?: Use the online submission
form at:

         http://www.ous.edu/onlinenw/forms/proposal.shtml