[WEB4LIB] Re: Alternatives to the term "database"

Kay Bouwens kbou at vlc.lib.mi.us
Sat Jul 29 09:30:46 EDT 2000

Our problem is that our public doesn't know what the term databases
means.  On our OPAC we have three large buttons (epixtech PAC for Win) on
the first screen; 1. Library Catalog, 2. Internet and 3. Magazine and
E-sources.  It seems to work, 'though I think in the Windows environment
people are more than willing to click on anything.

Kay Bouwens
kbou at vlc.lib.mi.us
Grace A. Dow Memorial Library
Midland, Michigan 48640