[WEB4LIB] Customizing Win 95 Network Logins

TMGB bennettt at am.appstate.edu
Thu Jul 27 16:46:48 EDT 2000

Also, you can use the policy editor to display a banner ( dialog box)
before the logon screen.  Choose 'Default Computer' and click on the +
sign beside 'Network' and then the + sign beside 'Logon' .  Then click
on the check box by Logon Banner.  Once you click on the check box you
can enter text for the caption and text for the text area of the dialog
box.

If your PCs are logging into an NT server, you can use one config.pol
file in the \WINNT\system32\Repl\Import\Scripts\ path.

Thomas

Christopher White wrote:

> We'd like to customize the login messages in
> windows 95. Specifically, when starting windows
> in the "client for microsoft networks" mode, we'd
> like to customize the message that appears on the
> network login box. Any ideas?
>
> Christopher J. White
> Systems Librarian
> The Sage Colleges Libraries
> (518)244-4521
> whitec2 at sage.edu

                      Rock and Rule
             Zope Rocks -- http://www.zope.org
           Python Rules  -- http://www.python.org
Thomas McMillan Grant Bennett      Appalachian State University
Computer Consultant III            University Library
bennettt at am.appstate.edu
http://www.library.appstate.edu/webmaster/
Voice:  828 262 6587	           FAX:    828 262 3001

Windows 95 is a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit patch for an 8-bit
operating system that was originally coded for a 4-bit microprocessor.
 - Chris Dunphy     Boot Magazine