[WEB4LIB] Global IME on Public Workstations

Bob Rasmussen ras at anzio.com
Wed Jul 26 13:37:32 EDT 2000

On Wed, 26 Jul 2000, Charlie Crawford wrote:

> Is anyone successfully using the Microsoft's Global IME for CJK on
> public workstations? We have configured IE 5.0 and now 5.5 to display
> these fonts, but I am having trouble getting the IME software to install
> correctly. We use Fortres as our security software, and I suspect that
> may be causing part of the problem, but I haven't yet been able to
> identify what is going on. Our public workstations are also loaded with
> Nestscape Navigator 4.08. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Charlie

I have played around with that, with no problem. The obvious next step is to
disable Fortres or try it on a non-Fortresed machine.

Note that Global IME will also work with recent versions of MS Office.

--
Regards,
....Bob Rasmussen,   President,   Rasmussen Software, Inc.

personal e-mail: ras at anzio.com
 company e-mail: rsi at anzio.com
            fax: (US) 503-624-0760
            web: http://www.anzio.com