Thanks IE5 and Auto Proxy

Lyman Ross lross at zoo.uvm.edu
Tue Jul 25 15:48:45 EDT 2000

Thanks to those of you who responded to my inquiry concerning IE5 and auto
proxy scripts.  After taking another look at the script I realized that
there was no express - return "DIRECT" - statement for those pages outside
of the proxy's realm.  In such cases IE5 seems to assume that the page is
off limits and only displays it if there is a copy in the cache.

 || Lyman Ross                         ||
 || Systems Librarian                  ||
 || Bailey/Howe Library                ||
 || University of Vermont              ||
 || Burlington, VT 05405               ||
 || email: - lross at zoo.uvm.edu         ||
 || phone: - (802)656-4508             ||
 || fax:   - (802)656-4038             ||