Magnetic interference from de-sensitizers

Eric Schnell schnell.9 at osu.edu
Tue Jul 25 14:43:40 EDT 2000

   We also had the jumping problem with our monitors.   We never had the
problem with the station freezing up, however.   Although we expected a
higher mortality rate for these monitors given the electromagnetic surges,
in the three years they were in service we did not have to replace one of
them.

    We recently replaced all our circulation terminals with 15" LCD screens
recently (nice footprint!) and indeed they no longer jump, confirming Walt
Crawford's theory.

-Eric

Eric Schnell
Assistant Professor