W3C and database compliance

Drew, Bill drewwe at snymorva.morrisville.EDU
Mon Jul 24 11:58:43 EDT 2000

-----Original Message-----
From: Drew, Bill
Sent: Monday, July 24, 2000 11:55 AM
To: 'web4lib at webjunction.org'
Subject: W3C and database compliance

 I am chair of the SUNY Librarians Association automation committee.  We
have been asked by our executive board to investigate how well different
databases comply with W3C accessibility guidelines.  I have just been
doing a search of LibraryLit and have found nothing useful on this topic.
Does anyone know of anything in the literature or on the web about such
topics? What would be the best way to test databases for compliance?

___________________
Wilfred (Bill) Drew
Associate Librarian, Systems and Reference
SUNY Morrisville College Library
drewwe at morrisville.edu
Home: http://www.morrisville.edu/~drewwe/
Not Just Cows: http://www.morrisville.edu/~drewwe/njc/
Library: http://www.morrisville.edu/library/
Have Laptop -- Will Travel.

We are not afraid to entrust the American people with unpleasant facts,
foreign ideas, alien philosophies, and competitive values. For a nation
that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open
market is a nation that is afraid of its people. - John F. KENNEDY