[WEB4LIB] Re: Appropriate Organizational Scheme for Diverse Web

Dan Robinson Indexing Services drobinson at info.hwwilson.com
Mon Jul 24 09:54:33 EDT 2000

I wouldn't characterize Yahoo as a 'catalog'. It's really more of an
'index' and shares many similarities to periodical indexing. I do
think they get carried away with their sublevels and it would be nice
if similar sites did end up indexed to the same headings more than
they do now. (i find this problem occurs more in the government
and town groups than the commercial listings)

Dan Robinson
Indexing Services
H.W. Wilson Company
Bronx, NY