[WEB4LIB] Proquest holdings problems

Stacy Pober spober at manhattan.edu
Fri Jul 21 11:53:53 EDT 2000

Thanks.  I've seen your prior postings on this and your web pages, and
you've done a wonderful job of both developing the searchable database
and sharing the method with others.

Unfortunately, from what I've read, since we don't currently own
FileMaker 4.x which allowed an unlimited number of users, we'd have to
spring for the Filemaker Pro 5's "unlimited" version, at about $1000.
I've been thinking of asking for this, but it's a little pricey.

But...even if we did this, would this get our periodical holdings
integrated into ProQuest's holdings utility?  Wouldn't users still have
to exit ProQuest (or be sophisticated enough to open a second browser
window) if they wanted to search the holdings list?

Stacy