Libraries and Marketing

Yvonne Parton yparton at jgrl.lib.ms.us
Thu Jul 20 14:00:00 EDT 2000

Excuse this post if it is considered too far off subject... I wasn't sure
where to begin.

Our library system is putting together a "marketing and community awareness"
committee.  Our circulation is down and has been steadly declining for a few
years.  We are looking for ways to promote the library and library services.
Here are my questions:

1.  At any of the libraries that you good people serve, do you have a
marketing plan?

2.  If you do have a plan, is it by chance on-line?

3.  Or, might I obtain a hard copy by contacting your library directly?  If
so, to whom should I address the request?

4.  As a final question, I would be interested in any marketing type ideas
that your libraries have successfully used or any ideas that any of you feel
might help this decline.

TIA.

Yvonne Parton
Staff Development Officer