[[WEB4LIB] RE: problem with Hotmail]

Elizabeth McKenty lislemck at netscape.net
Thu Jul 13 12:21:41 EDT 2000

I had reports of Hotmail probs here in Philly yesterday, and personally could
not log onto my Netscape Webmail account Monday or Tuesday all day. Last night
it did come back, with no explanation of any problem but with system
maintenance notice. I know it makes little sense to complain about a free
service. Then again, I have steered quite a bit of business their way over the
years. The worst is I use it for my listservs...and was bereft of your
combined company/knowledge/charm.

I did try e-mailing Netscape Netcenter for help, and got a message back that I
could call and be charged $29 to talk to someone. An explanation would be
nice. It does seem peculiar that it was both Hotmail and Netscape Webmail
down....anyone lurking out there who knows what gives?

Your servant,
Elizabeth McKenty
Free Library of Philadelphia

Elizabeth McKenty