[WEB4LIB] problem with Hotmail

Don Yarman yarmando at ghpl.org
Wed Jul 12 18:07:56 EDT 2000

Pat Knuth wrote:

> Are others having problems getting to Hotmail.  Our Reference librarians
> just told me that our users have had problems getting to Hotmail since
> Monday afternoon.

Funny, I was just about to post that I can't get into Hotmail
using Internet Explorer 5.5.  I can get through with a machine running
5.5 BETA, but not on the official release loaded today.  I ~can~ make
the new IE 5.5 get to Hotmail by going through Tools - Mail and News -
Read Mail.

If you're like me, you can't get past the secured page Hotmail
sends you through between the log in page and your mailbox.
I wonder if it's a Security Zone issue?

     Your most humble and obedient servant,

                              Don Yarman
                              Grandview Hts Public Library