[WEB4LIB] RE: Computer Training Room Specifications

Tara Calishain calumet at Mindspring.com
Tue Jul 11 12:49:42 EDT 2000

At 09:37 AM 7/11/2000 -0700, Steve Garwood wrote:
>      Well I'd get as big a room as I could (but still be quaint), the
>computer stations would ensure that trainees had line of site access to the
>trainer, however no more than 12-15 workstations max for trainings.
>Computers would be "amazingly" fast (600mhz minimum/128mb RAM) with 17"
>monitors. T1/T3 access to the room. In the room would be plants, the walls
>would be a nice neutral color with posters, painting etc. (I hate white
>rooms and if being videotaped everything get "glarey"). I would name all the
>computers too - 7 dwarves, Santa's reindeer, existential philosophers, etc..
>And, the room would be sparkly clean.

You forgot a little box of toys at the front of the class so people could
put things
on top of the monitor, in front -- something to make them a little less
intimidating.
And GOOD mousepads. Not the cheap ones that are about a millimeter thick.

Tara