[WEB4LIB] Re: New free database from Gale

Audrey Kelly AKelly at lva.lib.va.us
Fri Jul 14 12:00:08 EDT 2000

Marcia et al -
Of course you want to know what's included!! This is one of the basic
principles of research, yet it is increasingly ignored, especially by
aggregators and other database producers. I find this trend frustrating and
irritating.  It is not possible to do a comprehensive search for an answer
without knowing what materials you have searched.  Not only do you need to
know if the full text of the journal is available, you must know the dates
of publication included.  Without some basic information about the content,
it's hit or miss searching and therefore hit or miss results.

Audrey

~~~
Audrey M. Kelly
Technology Consultant (and librarian)